I have been a horrible blogger. Life seems to be moving faster than I can keep up. So, here’s a quick run down of what’s been going on for the last month….
- I bought new running shoes. A beautiful pink and grey pair of Brooks Ghost 6. I’d been having some aches and muscle cramps so this seemed logical as my other pair hit 400 miles. I’m still suffering from a nasty knot on my thigh, just above me knee. There are a lot of weird foam rolling positions happening at my house because of it, but it’s getting better.
- I finally had a watermelon in my garden! She was a beauty, until I picked her too soon, cut her open and she was no where near ripe. Lesson learned. Fortunately, I have another one it’s way, we’ll let her mature before I take her in.
- Other than the watermelon plant, most of the garden is not looking good. We just got back from a weekend in Connecticut to find half my tomato plants dead and covered in bugs. 😦 I’m going to see if they can be recovered but most likely we’ll have to remove them and start fresh.
- We went on vacation! A very close friend got married over the 4th of July weekend. It was really nice to visit “home” but it’s also good to be back in Florida, in my own bed, with my own shower.
- I have gained an unacceptable amount of weight. I want to spend my days in air conditioning wearing sweat pants, sports bras, and over-sized shirts. Ugh. And so, I’ve joined Weight Watchers again. It worked the first time, so lets hope it works again. I will keep you posted on that.
There you have it, my month of June (first week of July). Now that the CT trip is over I can get back to focusing on healthy eating, training and saving money! Some how there never seems to be enough of any of that in my life.